Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Becoming Richie Rich !!!

I don't understand the goal of people becoming rich without working their arses off (unless born with a silver spoon). I'm a firm believer of the saying "No gains without pains".

Out of blue, i met this guy at Walmart while doing my grocery. Pleasantries were exchanged and then he started the bullshit - yapping bout some "ecommerce" projects for fortune 500 companies in addition to his full time job and their need for like minded people like me. I was like wow, shoppin is the time when someone wants to hire you for a fortune 500 company :) sounds funny rather insane. All my senses including the otherwise dormant sixth one kicked in and started screaming " this is one of those chain companies (get 1 and they will get 1 and so on... you reach higher in the hierarchy and become rich)

The guy said he would retire in 4 years whereas i would be working all my life. He was so damn worried bout my financial status and blabbering all sorts of stuff. "Ecommerce" included energy bars, detergents and what not. even though im not a IT guy i still know that ecommerce is not this.

He wanted me to attend one of his so called brain storming sessions.I was so irritated that i walked away. Do you think this schemes of becoming rich work ?? well in my short life span i haven't seen or known anyone who has become rich but i know people becoming poorer and wiser :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greed is the drivig force of life. As for that person you met, well, you did a right thing in walking away.

The old adage still holds true; 'If it's too good to be true, then it probabably is!'